Volunteer Program Cost Structure In EURO
The volunteer programs are conducted in collaboration with our local partner in Nepal, Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN).
How to Apply
Please fill in the online APPLICATION FORM. (We kindly ask you to be patient and to allow us 1-2 weeks for processing.)
Once you have been accepted, you are required to pay the Program Booking Fee.
The Program Booking Fee is a non-refundable fee which covers processing your application and pre-departure support. It is not deductible from the program fees. To confirm your reservation of your placement, please pay € 75 program booking fee here http://www.friendsofvin.nl/application-process by pressing the PayPal button.
The program fee covers:
- Transportation: Pick up from the airport, to and from the project site/s;
- Pre-service: e.g. About VIN, Nepali language and culture, health talk, program orientation, e.g. teacher training -TEFL tips;
- One day sightseeing around Kathmandu, world heritage sites, e.g. Patan Darbur Square, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath Stupa;
- Administrative charge;
- Stationeries during program induction;
- 24 hours emergency support;
- Regular follow up support / visit (1-2 week interval) by VIN's staffs;
- Support for local staff and volunteers and all other administrative costs;
- Support for ongoing projects in the community- (women’s empowerment, children’s development, community health, youth development
- Free wireless internet at the VIN office
- Online / off line program advertisement
You are allowed to conclude your stay at any time. However, once you start your placement the program fee is non-refundable.
The program fee excludes the following:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee - (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure);
- Tourist visa: 15 days € 20; 30 days: € 30; 90 days: € 75 (Fees are approximate and are subject to change)
- Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Breakfast and dinner during program induction (€5 per day will be enough)
- Return transfer to airport -VIN staff can help you to drop you off the airport if you need help;
- Transportation during weekend travel;
- Entrance fees to the cultural heritage sights (€ 20 max for the main cultural sites);
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari, etc. If you are interested VIN can organize this for you for affordable prices);
- Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, should you wish to buy any;
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to € 15 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
How to Pay the Program Fee:
You can choose between using Paypal http://www.friendsofvin.nl/application-process or transfer the money to our bank account:
Bank Account Details
Account number : 471865737
IBAN : NL73ABNA0471865737
BIC : ABNANL2A
Please remember to mention your name, the program + amount of weeks you're paying for.